Senin, 28 September 2009
Sabtu, 26 September 2009
More than anyone know, i treasured my female friends and make point of nurturing those relationships that so often fail by the wayside after break up.
Perhaps because i was a grown-up Girl Scout, I "do it myself" attitude often turned into"C'mon, let's do it together" I truly relished the camaraderie, support, and sheer fun of pursuing new experiences with friends.
Hope everyone like to read my blog.
Peace and Love
YOU CAN DO IT!
- Liberation. Owning what u want to do can be scarry, but when you allow your secret desires to surface for more than a fleeting second and if you stay with them long enough to play them out and commit them to paper, you will have in that very act-freed yourself from the fear of becomintg who you are as opposed to who you (and others) think you should be.
- Power. Yours.
- Bliss. As Goethe and Joseph Campbell both note, the universe moves in mysterious ways when you truly commit to finding and following your bliss.
- Passion. Dreaming fuels passion, and passion is itself a potent fuel. It will provide you with the drive, determination, and joy to pursue your dreams. And because passion is a renewable resource. Its energy will spill over into other areas of your life, and the lives of people around you.
- Invite your dreams to come out and play
- Make it a wake up or bedtime ritual
- Find gaps in your schedule
- Free up your free time
- Go on a mini retreat
- When something seem impossible, call on the power of GOD'S love. With His love, all things are possible ( luke 1:37)
- There is more to life than increasing its speed (Mahatma Gandhi)
- ... If we do not change our daily lives, we can not changes the world (Thich Nhat Hanh)
- Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)
- Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smalles acts, this is the secret of success (Swam I Sivananda)
- Sickness is felt, but health not at all ( Thomas Fuller)
- Tanpa iman orang tidak dapat berbuat sesuatu, dengan iman segala sesuatu menjadi mungkin ( Sir William Osler)
- Addiction is any compulsive, habitual behaviour that limits the freedom of human desire (Gerald G May)
- In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts mind there are few (Shuniyn Suzuki)
- Happiness and beauty are by products (George Bernard Shaw)
Kamis, 24 September 2009
Often times we think only of Strongholds in the negative sense but I believe we can (through the Word of God and through wisdom) build good strongholds into our lives that will hold us secure and steady throughout life.
I believe Loyalty is one such stronghold. At first glance we might think that loyalty and faithfulness are the same, but there is a subtle difference.
Loyalty in many ways is “felt”, whereas the essence of faithfulness is “active”. By definition loyalty is the feeling of devotion, attachment, duty. The definition of faithfulness is to be consistently trustworthy and loyal to a person, a promise, a duty.
Here are a handful of thoughts:
Loyalty is HEARTFELT, Faithfulness is ACTIVE
So for example, I love my husband of 28 years. My love and loyalty towards him is heartfelt, therefore I will be faithful (it is an active choice). If challenge presents itself within our marriage, then I will (out of faithfulness) choose to be active in finding wisdom and answers to negotiate the many bends and curves of doing life together.
Another example - I love the House of God. My love and loyalty towards God’s House is heartfelt, therefore I will be faithful to His House. I will not neglect to gather and I will not neglect to put His Kingdom first in my life (Hebrews 10 and Matthew 6)
I believe that loyalty and faithfulness are the very essence of God’s character. His heart towards us is ever loyal, His love for us is completely heartfelt, and because of that He remains ever faithful (even when we are unfaithful towards Him).
As a woman, I seek to be loyal to my girlfriends. My love and appreciation for my friends is heartfelt, therefore I will be faithful towards them. I won’t break their confidence, take advantage of, or become familiar with their friendship.
Loyalty and faithfulness are wonderful qualities to cultivate in your life.
Loyalty has its ORIGIN IN GOD!
Therefore it makes sense to look to God for a true measure and example of loyalty. I believe that at conversion, God’s nature (which has always been resident within) is ignited. It comes alive and begins to find expression. Our responsibility then, is to build upon that revelation in and through the Word of God. I pray that you have access to a healthy environment that will cultivate the nature and goodness of God in your life.
Life it short and it is important to be planted in the right soil, so that you might prosper in life and reach your full God designed potential (Psalm 92, 3 John v2)
Loyalty is LEARNED
We live in a world that is quite desensitized to the human heart. Basically, if it feels good do it and if it doesn’t don’t. Sadly the consequences of such a shallow philosophy often end in tragedy. I pray that we together can see a generation of godly men and women emerge, who can example Godly and correct responses to a generation in many ways, void of example.
The Bible says that “there is a way that SEEMS right to man, but the end is death”.
I challenge you to be a living, breathing example of loyalty and faithfulness to all who encounter you.
Loyalty is a STANCE
It counts the cost, it pays the price, it isn’t easily swayed, it confronts if need be and it doesn’t abdicate for an easier option.
Individuals, families, ministries, churches and businesses that build these qualities into the fabric of who they are, are usually marked with longeivity, success and blessing.
Loyalty DEFENDS WHAT IS PRECIOUS and is EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE
Loyalty always defends what is precious and close to the heart and Proverbs 19:22 actually teaches that “Loyalty makes a person attractive”. Isn’t that lovely? I love the thought of our lives being a magnetic ’safe place’ for others. Proverbs 31 teaches how we can become that amazing person.
Loyalty TELLS A WONDERFUL STORY
Psalm 145 tells of how “one generation shall tell your great works to another”, but without these wonderful qualities of loyalty and faithfulness, there is every chance that one generation won’t hang around long enough to tell another generation anything of substance.
I pray this year will be a magnificent year for you and that the goodness and grace of God will permeate every part of your life. Together we have an opportunity to impact and influence our nation as never before. Let’s continue to build godly and good strongholds into our lives and let’s commit to being part of the answer in our nation.
© Brian Houston 2006 & © Bobbie Houston 2006
Bunga dan bouquet memiliki arti mereka masing-masing. Kebanyakan dari kita tahu bahwa selusin mawar merah berarti " Be Mine", tapi tahukah Anda, misalnya bunga Primrose memiliki arti, "aku tidak dapat hidup tanpamu, " atau Anyelir Pink yang memiliki arti " Saya tidak akan melupakanmu," atau Gladol berarti " Beri Saya waktu untuk sendiri".
Arti dari pemberian bunga telah digunakan untuk menyampaikan ide, perasaan dari pesan selama berabad-abad yang lalu. Kata, Floriography, tercipta untuk tugas pengartian nama bunga-bunga. Setipa warna, jumlah dan kelompok bunga memiliki arti sendiri. Ini merupakan sebuah bahasa isyarat yang kebanyakan telah hilang karena kita jarang sekali menggunakannya.
Bahasa bunga juga dilihat dari bagaimana cara bunga ditampilkan. Menampilkan bunga secara tegk lurus (upright)berarti menyampaikan makna positif, tetapi juga ditampilkan secara terbalik maka bunga tersebut juga memiliki arti sebaliknya. Jiak bunga atau rangkaian bunga memakai pita dan diikat dis ebelah kanan maka arti dari rangkaian bunga tersebut tertuju pada si penerima bunga. Apabila bunga duiberikan dengan emnggunakan tangan kanan berarti jawaban yang diberikan adalah "ya", namun bila di berikan dengan menggunakan tangan kiri maka jawabannya adalah tidak.
Pada abad ke 17 orang Turki mulai mengembangkan arti dari bunga-bunga yang ada. Thaun 1718 istri dari Duta Besar Inggris untuk konstantinopel, lady Mary Wortley, menulis surat yang menjelaskan secara terperinci"Rahasia Bahasa Bunga" yang dia temukan selama kunjungannya ke Turki. Tahun 1819 Louis Cortambert, dengan name pena, Madame Charlotte de la Tour, menulis dan menerbitkan kamus bahasa bunga yang pertama dan di berui judul, le Languange des Fleurs.
Selama era viktorian, pada masa pemerintahan Queen Victoria tahun 1837 sampai 1901, arti dari bahasa bunga mengalami peningkatan popularitas. wanita-wanita Viktorian secara khusus menggunakan bahasa isyarat untuk menggungkapkan dan mengartikan perasaanya, hal ini dilakukan karena adanya peraturan dan norma kesopanan yang keras dan ketat. Tussie-mussies, sebuah buket bunga dibalut dengan serbet kecil berenda dan diikat dengan pita satin menjadi hadiah yang paling populer dan mahal pada saat itu.
Tahun 1884, buku berpotik dan berjudul , The language of Flower, oleh Jean Marsh, diilustrasikan oleh Kate Grenaway diterbitkan di London. Buku ini menjadi terkenal dan di terima dengan baik serta menajdi sumber standar untuk arti bunga Viktorian sejak saat itu.
Hand foot and mouth disease is a mild, but highly contagious viral infection common in young children. Hand -foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is charactherized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet. it spreads from person to person, ussualy through unwashed hands or contaminated surfaces. The most common cause of Hand-Foot-and-Mouth disease is coxsackie virus infection which belongs to a group of viruses called enteroviruses.
The signs and symptoms of HFMD include fever, sore throat,painful, red blister-like lesions on the tongue, mouth, palms of teh hands or soles of the feet, headeach, fatique, irritability in infants and toddlers, loss of appetite.
- The ussual period from initial infection to the onset of signs and symptoms ( incubation period) is three to seven days.
- One or 2 days after fever onset, painful sores ussualy develop in teh mouth. They begi as small red spots that blister and then often become ulcers. The sores are ussualy located on the tongue, gums, and inside of the cheeks.
- A non-itchy skin rash develops over 1-2 days. the rash has flat or raised red spots, sometimes with blister. The rash is ussualy located on the palms of teh hands and soles of the feet; it may al;so appear on the buttocks and or genitally.
- HFMD may cause all of the above signs and symptoms or just a few of them.
- Infection is spread from person to person by direct contact with infectious virus. Infectious virus is found in the nose and throat secretions, saliva, blister fluid, and stool of infected persons. The virus is most often spread by persons with unwashed, virus-contaminated hands and by contact with virus-contaminated surfaces.
- HFMD is most common in children in child care settings, where diaper changing and potty training are constant, and little hands often are in and out of the mouth frequently.
- Infected persons are most contagious during the first week of the illness.